Monday, July 1, 2013

summer fun

Summer started out great!  I have been taking a week off each month so I can spend time with the boys.  we have gone to the lake a couple of times,  we have been to the pool and we have been to the Emergency room!  I know that this is not a new story for The Turner family!  It is a common occurrence for us!  UGH  here is ER story...

We just arrived home when the Neighbor boy came to see if Isaac could go ride bikes.His mom came over the hang out with me while they played.  They were having a good time when the neighbor boy showed up at my house.  He said that he couldn't find Isaac so we loaded up in my truck and drove around the neighborhood.  We found Isaac.  They informed us that they have found some ramps and they were  riding their bikes down them.  My friend and I saw the ramps that they were using and decided that they probably should not use them to ride on. the boys agreed.  I dropped my friend off at her house and went home.  I was relaxing and watching an episode of Freaks and Geeks, when the neighbor boy comes racing in to my house, "Isaac fell and he cannot get up!"  He told me that he was on the "bump" The bump is a section of the sidewalk that has buckled so much there is a 2ft pitch.  (I have told the boys to be careful on the "bump")  I run to my truck, I drive as fast as I can, I see him up the road, I arrive  I slam on the breaks and jump out of my truck!  Isaac is sitting in someone's driveway all by himself crying, there is people sitting in their car staring at him.  As soon as I pick him up the car drives away.  (I was mildly irritated that no one helped him)
I looked at his arm, there was an oblivious break! at the ER we waited only for a few minutes, we got in to a room and all of a sudden I saw my father in law walking to a different room. I went to see what was going on, my mother in law fell and fractured the ball on the top of her Femur.  back to Isaac.  3 hours later we have had many xrays and the doctor had to set his arm.  while the Doctor was setting on his arm Isaac kept screaming "Levi stop stop Levi stop pulling on my arm!"  He has no memory of this,  when he came too he said "It was like 20 seconds of darkness"  the doctor was not sure that it was in the right place and that there is a chance that he will have to have surgery.  We are following up with bone and joint tomorrow. If all is well he will just be cast-ed and then able to do approved things.  If the bone is not set in the right place we will be going to a pediatric ortho-surgeon at children's hospital in Denver.
He has been doing pretty well his pain is managed with medications and he is in good spirits, expect when we tell him that he is not allowed to run ump, swim, climb or ride his bike.  maybe when he is in cast he will be able to do all of those things

Isaac in the hospital on morphine                 Right before discharge from the ER
  

No comments:

Post a Comment