Friday, January 30, 2009

Back in the Day...

It was a warm day, the 16th of November. it was 9 in the morning I couldn't sleep any longer. I woke up and Started to jump on the hotel bed singing "today is the day!!!" My whole family got up. I called my brother who wasn't able to be there and woke him up too! Getting ready took forever. I really didn't want to wear lipstick but my mother insisted. David had been up since 5:30am and not able to sleep. Being a Man he was already ready already. He was waiting at the temple when I showed up, I think that he was there even before it was open, i wouldn't even be surprised he walked there that morning. It started and finished before I knew what happened, We were Married.

Life started to happen as soon as we returned home from our honey moon. I was working at a fast food place, (Yes my name is Patty Turner and I worked for a fast food restaurant) and David was painting. we were living in a small two bedroom basement apartment. As most newly weds we were perfectly content not hanging out with anyone. We did have a few close friends that we did do things with but for the most part we had fun with just us!! David decided to go back to school right before our first child was born. I quit my job and began to babysit instead of working.

We Bought our first house in May of 2004. We had to remodel the whole thing it was not fun. We moved in with my In-laws for a month. when the house was finished we Moved in and began life with a mortgage. Soon after we moved it we found out that we were expecting our second Child. he was born is January of 05 and since he was born we have not stopped chasing him. not to brag or anything but he rolled over at 2 weeks and sat at 1 month. he crawled early too and then he walked at 8 months. and when he discovered that he could climb my life was over. When he was 11 months old we found out that our third child would be born in 7 months I don't suggest this to anyone, the toll that my body took is almost irreversible.

2006 Began with a birthday party and loads of sugar. I still think that Levi still has sugar in his body form that birthday. I was not feel in well. Constant trips to the bathroom and swelling feet landed me in a month of bed rest. David was in his last year of school and taking too many credits but we made it with minor details. we had begun to plan a Graduation party to end all graduation parties. We started to plan it in January. I couldn't tell you how many people came but there was a lot! The next month Our third boy was born. He was a mild child and welcomed break! Then shortly after that David started Graduated school. the first semester went by Dave Had an okay time with only one C (which was the downfall to grad school) and then the second semester David was having a hard time staying awake. I couldn't wake him up I Think that we spent a small fortune trying to figure out what was wrong with him. He ended his Grad school Career in 2007 and tried to find out what was wrong with him. Finally we had an answer. Narcolepsy. Not something that I wanted to hear, but at least we had a treatment. His summer he started to paint again. but he really was not that useful he couldn't stay wake long enough to work the whole day. with meds adjusted he started to function again. He also got a job in the Chemistry Field and our life in the real world began. It has been over a year since David has started working and we are getting by well enough. I had started to go to school in 2006 and had to take a break in 2007 but we managed. In the Winter of 07 we were blessed to go on a family trip with the whole Turner Family to Hawaii, this was an experience that we will never forget.

Our oldest started kindergarten this Fall and He is adjusting, we have had some problems with hos ability to sit still and not distract others in his class but he seems to enjoy learning at school too. Our second is in pre school and Keeps his teachers laughing. And the youngest stays home with me and we have fun together. next year he will be in pre school and I will be home alone. but I will have time to do homework.

We love Laramie and we have plans to grow in Laramie for a while

2 comments:

  1. What a neat family you have! I agree with you, having 2 kids 18 months apart is not the easiest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Patty! It is great to read up on your family. Sounds like you have your hands full. Tell David that Dave and I say hello.

    ReplyDelete