Saturday, November 14, 2009

8 and counting


On this coming Monday Dave and I will be celebrating our 8th anniversary! it is crazy that it has been eight years but here are a list of eight things that we have learned or done these past eight years


1. life is usually good and when it isn't just laugh about it, I am sure all who know us know that we think that we are the funniest people we know weather or not we make our self laugh. when we were first married I started this stupid joke and I thought that it died, but It found it's way back into our lives...What did the wife volcano say to the husband volcano...I LAVA you! really not that funny but when you are in a serious moment (few and far between in this house) it is fun to break the mood with that stupid joke


2. Dave will always leave his socks on the floor in the living room, no matter how many times I tell him not to he does.


3. I will eat the last chocolate in the house! same as the sock thing it is just how it is


4. when raising kids...find a happy medium between strict and too relaxed...we are still trying to find it but at least we are trying!


5. don't bring home a cat. Dave is not a cat person and well I thought that I was one... come to find out I really hated the cat I brought home he was mean to my dog! so since Paige is kind of our child we got rid of the cat...it worked out in the long run too because Isaac is allergic to cats. don't worry about the cat he found a great home, at my mom's house. like my dog he is treated as a child and well loved!


6. I am a Girl, no matter how much I deny it! this means on valentines you better not get me something along the lines of Ewoks battle of Endor. or on my birthday I expect to get a nice gift not a poster of Michael Jackson! or at Christmas time please don't wrap up things you find in our shed that are dirty and gross.


7. I am a spoiled person. really I think that I am spoiled, not just my parents but my husband also spoils me. he may think that he isn't bu he dose. he has only told me no once because I asked for a 1400 dollar purse! he buys me jewelry just because he want to (he would buy himself jewelry if is was OK) and he gets my taste in music and movies and is totally OK with me buying the Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra and all the Audrey Hepburn Movies!


8. We strive to have a Christ based home and we continue to grow together both spiritually and emotionally and for that we are gratefully blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 8 years! I completely agree with the humor in #1 ~ it was bound to be a family trait! Great advise as well... thanks for sharing your favorite eight!
    (COME TO SGU SOMETIME! WE'D LOVE TO HOST YOU GUYS!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, you two! You make a great couple! I can't believe it' s been eight years already...that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete