Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thank You Thank You

I live for the holidays. so It is only normal that thanksgiving is right up there for me as one of my fav's! I have reflected on Thanksgivings past and one Tully reminds me what I have to be thankful for. It was a one day before thanksgiving 2003 and I decide to go and get some Christmas shopping out of the way, my dear friend Sara went with me. Dave took Isaac to his parents to make donuts and we decided to meet up after I hit Wal mart. It was about noon when Sara and I had finished so we went to my in laws house to see how the donuts were going. Isaac was wearing one of my favorite outfits he was so stinking cute for a 1 year old! I saw him playing around with some things and then I saw a flash of red falling from the top of the stairwell (it was the open end with an 8 foot drop) which led to a concrete floor and un-carpeted stairs . My heart stopped and I saw him laying there everyone ran in front of me and I stood there unable to move. finally I hear him cry at the point I was able to get down the stairs David brought him upstairs and we went to to ER. I have never cried so much in my whole life. after 6 hours in the ER he had a cat scan and every thing looked good so we were sent home. that Thanksgiving I knew that I was truly blessed and I was so grateful for the safety that was provided for my sweet child. I am so grateful. I have been blessed with three wonderful (high energy children) and a great husband who loves me.

No comments:

Post a Comment